This webinar is delivered using the podia webinar player.
Podia allows you to view live, on-demand, or portable presentations—including
synchronised support materials such as slide images—using your Web browser. A
live presentation is one that is broadcast while it is being recorded. You can
join a live presentation before it begins or after it has already started. An
on-demand presentation is one that is played-back any time after it has been
recorded. A portable presentation is a recorded presentation that is
self-contained and can be played back from your local hard drive or a CD.
Watching a presentation using podia is virtually the same as being in the room
with the presenter. The presentation begins playing automatically when you open
the podia player. The podia window includes separate controls for the video and
slide show portions of a presentation.
This help file discusses the podia player requirements and provides
instructions for setting player options and using the player controls to
navigate and view a presentation's video and slides, answer polls, ask
questions, and display presentation details, closed-captions, and links.
Podia recommends the following system requirements for the best presentation
- Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, or
Macintosh OS X
- Display resolution of 800 x 600 pixels or greater
- Windows-compatible sound card
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0. Limited support. See release note.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
- Windows Media Player 9.0
- Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps & above)
- Configure pop-up blockers to allow site pop-ups. Otherwise, presentations will
Viewing Presentations on a Mac for Mac related issues.
- By default Windows Media Player can only be embedded in Internet Explorer. To
view Mediasite presentations using Firefox over Windows Vista or Windows XP:
- Use the ActiveX Plug-in you are prompted to download when you first attempt to
view a presentation, OR
- Copy the Windows XP plug-in dlls to your machine following these
- Download Silverlight from